, Institute of international relations Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Formulation of the problem. Contradictions between the availability of countries' own energy resources and their needs, the depletion of fuel and energy resources (FER) and the growing environmental problems associated with their production, transportation, processing and consumption, cause a tendency to exacerbate energy issues in human life, each individual country. As a result, the struggle for ownership of energy resources, the right to transport them, for the impact on the energy market has become today the most important factor in realizing the interests of the world, their political behavior, the basis of political and economic alliances and even the source of international conflicts.
Energy issues in the modern world play a significant role in determining foreign policy strategies in relations between states. One of the main means of implementing such strategies is energy diplomacy. Geopolitics at the same time plays the role of coordinator of diplomatic means and methods in order to establish mutually beneficial cooperation between states in the energy sector. Energy diplomacy and geopolitics are part of foreign energy policy, directly characterize the development of international energy law at the level of energy security, international energy law institutions (universal and regional organizations), energy markets, energy industries and infrastructure, world energy ecology.
The deterioration of Russian-Ukrainian relations in the gas sector (at least since the closure of gas transit in 2006) has led to the problem of bypassing (ie bypassing Ukraine) gas pipelines to Europe. The end of autumn 2019 was marked by the promotion of the issue of bypass gas pipelines to Europe. Denmark already has a permit to build Nord Stream 2 (SP-2) in its exclusive economic zone . There was also a decision of the German Parliament (Bundestag) to adopt amendments to the domestic legislation of Germany on the national implementation of the updated EU Gas Directive.
Keywords : energy diplomacy, foreign policy, foreign energy policy, Strategy, cooperation, energy resources, renewable energy sources
Language of the article : English
1. Georg Zachmann, “The European Energy Union: Slogan or an important step towards integration”, Bruegel think tank blog, 17 September 2015, http://bruegel.org/2015/09/the-european-energy-union -slogan-or-an-important-step-towards-integration / .
2. Germany expects to expand cooperation with Ukraine in the field of energy - Altmeier [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://reform.energy/news/germaniya-rasschityvaet-na-rasshirenie-sotrudnichestva-s-ukrainoy-v-sfere-energetiki-altmayer-15288
3. Dikarev O. Strategies of energy diplomacy in the measurement of information security and Wikileaks [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://ijimv.knukim.edu.ua/zbirnyk/ 1_2 / 5-dikarev.pdf.
4. Amy Harder, “State Department Names Acting Energy Envoy,” Wall Street Journal, July 25, 2014, http://www.wsj.com/ articles / statedepartment-names-new-energy-envoy- 1406299086
5. Energy diplomacy: world examples for Ukraine [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://dixigroup.org/storage/files/2016-09-15/web_ energy_diplomacy_dixi_2016_ua_1.pdf.
6. Zhukova I. Energy diplomacy and geopolitics as a component of international energy law [Electronic resource] / I. Zhukova. - Access mode: http://vestnik.osu.ru/ 2010_3 / 11.pdf.
7. Katser-Buchkovska N. Energy diplomacy: [Electronic resource] / Natalia Katser-Buchkovska. - Access mode: https://day.kyiv.ua/uk/blog/polityka/energetychna-dyplomatiya-slabka-lanka
8. Ministry of Energy of Ukraine on connection to the Southern Gas Corridor and cooperation with Azerbaijan in the field of alternative energy [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://report.az/ru/energetika / ukraina-gotova-rasshirit-postavki-iz-azerbaydzhana-neft-i-lng.
9. New energy strategy of Ukraine until 2035: "Security, energy efficiency, competitiveness" [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://mpe.kmu.gov.ua/minugol/doccatalog/document? id = 245213112.
10. Slobodyan N. Energy diplomacy: why Ukraine should learn in the EU [Electronic resource] / Natalia Slobodyan. - Access mode: http://www.eurointegration.com.ua/experts/2015/09/29/7038874/view_print.